What Types of Information and Data Does Vogel Traffic Collect, and When Does It Collect This Data?
Vogel Traffic collects various types of Personal Information. We collect this information when you provide it to us (whether directly or through our dealers and/or representatives) or when you use certain services provided by Vogel Traffic.
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you as a natural person, as well as other information about you that we tie to Personal Information. Personal Information that we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
- "Contact Information" that allows us to identify and communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, address, and email.
- "Transactional Information" about how you interact with us, our dealers and business partners, including purchases, services you request, customer service inquiries, and customer account information.
- "Financial Account Information" as needed to complete your purchases, such as credit card information, bank account information, and information about financing activities.
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not does not identify a natural person and is not identifiable to a natural person, such as:
- Cookies and other tools used in a non-identifiable way;
- Anonymized information;
- Aggregated information; and
- Information about your business operations, including, but not limited to:
- Operation-specific data, such as location data, when kept in a non-identifiable way; and
- The name, form, and contact details of legal persons.
In addition to the methods described above, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information may be collected by Vogel Traffic from its authorized dealers and distributors as part of its standard business operations, to provide services to the authorized dealers and distributors, and as otherwise agreed pursuant to agreements between Vogel Traffic and such authorized dealers and distributors.
When data is described as “anonymized,” it means that the data is no longer associated with a particular person. When data is described as “aggregated,” it means that such information has been combined with other data in such a way that no person can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
How Vogel Traffic Uses Your Information (the "Purposes")
- To Complete Orders and Provide Requested Services. To fulfill orders for products or services, and for other services or purposes as you may request or direct, such as product delivery, maintenance, warranty service, financing, leasing, or credit services.
- Product and Customer Support. To provide support services, to deliver upgrades and product improvement communications, and for repairs, product safety, and recalls.
- Marketing and Surveys. To communicate offers for products, building content, and services from Vogel Traffic or its dealers, suppliers, or partners, including offers based on your personal and business characteristics and your location; to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs and other promotional events; and to provide other information which may be of interest to you, such as Vogel Traffic company news, catalogs, announcements, reminders, and technical bulletins. Please contact us if you would not like to be contacted by Vogel Traffic for marketing purposes without being asked. We will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of marketing information or market research inquiries. We will obtain consent before sending you marketing information if required by applicable law.
- General Business Purposes. To provide and accomplish standard business tasks, such as payment processing, financial account management, product development, product safety, contract management, website administration, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- As Disclosed at the Time of Collection. In any other manner that we may describe when you provide the information to us.
These Purposes may be necessary for Vogel Traffic to perform a contract to which you are a party, comply with a legal obligation to which Vogel Traffic is subject, protect Vogel Traffic’s vital interests or the interests of another natural person, or otherwise pursue Vogel Traffic’s legitimate business purposes and objectives. Vogel Traffic may obtain your consent to process your Personal Information, as necessary.
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, Vogel Traffic may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, Vogel Traffic may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information. If Vogel Traffic combines any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, Vogel Traffic will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
In addition, Vogel Traffic reserves the right to use anonymized and aggregated Personal Information to improve its products and services, to create and publish reports, to conduct statistical analysis about our customers and products, and for other activities that do not result in the disclosure of your identifiable information.
When Will Vogel Traffic Disclose Your Information, and Who May Receive It?
We are committed to being transparent regarding the manner in which we use and disclose your information. We may disclose and share your information as follows:
- We may share Personal Information with our affiliated companies, our suppliers, authorized dealers and distributors, and business partners, as needed to accomplish, and consistently with, the Purposes set forth above, or as you authorize or request.
- We may also share Personal Information with our service providers to fulfill the Purposes on our behalf. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to treat your information and data with the same level of protection that we do and to only use it in accordance with our instructions.
- We may disclose Personal Information where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- We will also disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the countries where we operate.
As noted above, Vogel Traffic reserves the right to use and disclose anonymized and aggregated Personal Information to improve its products and services, to create and publish reports, to conduct statistical analysis about our customers and products, and for other activities that do not result in the disclosure of your identifiable information.
How Long Will Vogel Traffic Keep your Information?
Vogel Traffic keeps different kinds of personal data for different lengths of time, depending on the Purposes for which they are processed and the unique circumstances of your situation. Vogel Traffic will hold your Personal Information as long as necessary for the relevant Purpose. For more information on Vogel Traffic’s data-retention policy and how long your data might be retained, please contact us as information provided below.
Website Data Collection, Cookies, and Similar Technology
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we may place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. We may also use Adobe Flash Cookies, Microsoft Silverlight, and similar technologies which remember your settings, preferences, and usage in a manner similar to browser cookies to personalize and enhance your online experience, but which are not managed through your browser. To manage your Flash and Silverlight cookies, please see Adobe’s and Microsoft’s websites.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We use Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with our Websites. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our Website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Websites. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also may record the IP address or derivative of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Vogel Traffic and the website you visit after you leave our site.
Vogel Traffic has relationships with third party advertising companies to perform tracking and reporting functions for our web processing. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies should not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give Personal Information to them as part of this process.
Your Choices and Data Control
You can limit the information you provide to Vogel Traffic. You can also limit the communications that Vogel Traffic sends to you. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing emails by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of marketing emails we send you. Alternatively, you may communicate your choice to the relevant privacy contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing material, we may still need to contact you with important Transactional Information about your account or your products. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from us as well as product safety communications.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other similar collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser or interface, commonly known as “Do Not Track” settings. All browsers and interfaces are different, so visit the "help" section of your browser or interface to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available. You can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with Vogel Traffic, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. In general, Vogel Traffic complies and requests that all of its service providers comply with your “Do Not Track” settings you select using your internet browser(s).
Vogel Traffic complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct, and delete your Personal Information. If you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account to access and update certain information you provided to us. For Personal Information that is not linked to an online account, for assisting in opting-out of communications, or if you need assistance updating or deleting your Personal Information, please contact us via email at email@example.com. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
For EU Residents:
Our websites are not intended for natural persons residing in the EU. If you are a natural person residing in the EU and at any time you believe Vogel Traffic has violated one of your rights under Articles 15 to 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), or if you believe Vogel Traffic is in violation of one or more of the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority. More information about the Data Protection Authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en.
Information and Data Security
Vogel Traffic has implemented an information and data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information.
Transfer of Information, Transfers to Other Countries
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
Vogel Traffic does not intend to collect Personal Information from children aged 18 and under. If you believe that your child is using our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate information.
Forums and Plug-Ins to Social Media and Other Third Party Services
Vogel Traffic’s websites may also contain links, plug-ins, APIs, and other tools that enable you to share content on our website or your own content through third party social media or other services (such a Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other services). All use of such third party services, including through links found on our website, shall be considered public information and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of such third party services.
Amendments and Changes
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information below.
How to Contact Us
PO Box 140
Orange City, IA 51041